Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinner on a Deck ....

At some point in time.

So the deck building started on MLK Jr bday (Jan 18th) and is still in progress. Thanks to my father-in-law Benny Enzor and his wonderful carpentry skills and helping John with the design and building.

Here is what the back of our house looked like before


You can see how far the deck comes out from the house here and see the existing concrete stoop they had before underneath.

Obviously, it's a massive improvement! Massive in the sense of this-deck-is-big! I'm imagining all the parties and get-togethers we will have, the music in the background and the chatter of happy people filling our home.


I can envision many an afternoon eating outside here and seeing this sunset over Raleigh. Peaceful little creek running behind the house, a little city garden blooming with fresh veggies, my little house, and a little bit of time with my hubby.


I'm loving my "little"s.

No comments:

Post a Comment