Friday, February 5, 2010

Updates

Hi, That's me.  Standing in our living room, and the picture is taken from the front bedroom. (Sorry about the lighting...photo taken with the phone)

And in between?  Oh that.  That's our/John's built-in closet.  And by John's I mean he will have his own closet and I will have mine.

:)

Happiness people. is in the closets.

At least for some people. (me included)


If you can imagine those boards on the bottom being covered, having drawers, a nice shelving system and some short hang space in there that will be the total package when all is said and done.
It will have wooden shelving and drawers, which will also help the area look more tidy even when it's not.   And considering that most of John's hang-up clothes are shirts or slacks over the hanger, he has no long hang items.  This size fits great for a man's closet. 

In case you're thinking "I bet Dana's closet is HUGE compared to that", my closet in this same room is not as wide, but goes to the floor.  Which is perfect for the long hang items (dresses mainly) and still enough room to stack a few boxes of shoes. 



And not that closets and bathroom windows go together...but here is our bathroom window.

This one window, caused many a night of frustration.

You may be able to tell that this window was originally a full sized window.  In a bathroom -over a tub/shower - this is a problem.  And you can imagine why.  I won't go into details. 

Couple this with an idea of an option for a vented window here, and simply choosing this particular window became a daunting task.

Finally we decided on this window, this size, without the vents and I personally couldn't be happier.  We built up the wall so that the smaller sized window would fit and be the correct height.  The effect on the window allows light to come in and brighten the bathroom, but still has privacy for anyone in the shower.  The venting option was a safety issue for me, mainly because I'm a klutz and I could see myself hitting my head on the vent.  John wasn't as concerned for himself.  What can I say, he's a little more agile and coordinated than his wife.


We also had a few rough-in inspections today. 

But I'll leave that off until I get a few pictures...     : )

No comments:

Post a Comment